Let's have fun on family fun mangrove kayak adventure at Eastern Mangrove Lagoon Nature Reserve! Look for the crabs along the shoreline and sea birds hanging out the mangroves. Kids love jumping off the jetty by the way so be sure to bring a waterproof bag and some extra clothes and towel in case your adventurous kids want to go jump in the water. Ok the water might be 24-25C by then.
Location: Eastern Mangroves public launch point. Same place as Wilderness Discovery
Start Time: 9:00, (please arrive half an hour prior to start for PFD fitting and brief.
What to bring: Your own refillable water bottle, extra clothes, towel (night time gets a bit chilly)
A summary of other things you might like to know:
1. Al Mahara provides experienced guides who will take you out on the waters.
2. Suggest to wear suitable clothes for watersports (you will get a little wet) and sturdy footwear – our launch site is rocky & muddy; flip-flops & sandals tend to get stuck in mud and slip on rocks. A change of footwear for afterwards might also be a good idea.
3. Everyone will be provided with & required to wear a life jacket (Personal Flotation Device) for your safety and peace of mind.
4. You are likely to see a host of birdlife (Heron, Cormorants, possibly Flamingos) & fish in the water, jelly fish, crabs etc.
5. You will need to decide if you want to bring your cameras/phones if photos are to be taken. It is up to you and if you do bring them then they will need to go in a waterproof bag because water does splash into the kayak
What You Get:
• Use of PFD (Personal Floatation Device, which is a life jacket for safety)
• Orientation of the local flora and fauna
• Use of quality branded sit-on-top kayaks (single seat or double seated depending of age, ability and group size) including paddle